The Catholic School You Always Wanted
Welcome to an exceptional grade school where strong academics, small classes, and Catholic values provide your child with an education for a lifetime.
St. Vincent Ferrer School recognizes the great potential for growth in each child by fostering a learning environment where high expectations, service and spirited traditions complement one another.
The national theme for Catholic Schools Week is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service”. St. Vincent Ferrer is such a community. Our unique culture of compassion encourage students to develop their talents and to serve both inside and outside the classroom.
Our educational program offers students a well-rounded experience:
* Integrated technology
* Vibrant arts program
* Student council
* French in grades 6,7,8
It takes many dedicated people to make a school exceptional. Our community is blessed to be supported by St. Vincent Ferrer parish, a dedicated body of parent volunteers through PTO, and an exceptional staff. The only thing missing is you!
Thank you for visiting St. Vincent Ferrer School. For registration information see the enclosed packet in this folder. I would be happy to assist you at (513)791-6320 or email@example.com.
St. Vincent Ferrer 101
Arrival and Dismissal
* School begins at 8:15. Students may be dropped off at 8:00 on the back parking lot in the coned off area. A staff member will be there to supervise.
* School dismissal is at 3:00. Students will be dismissed to the back parking lot. Parents come into the coned off area to pick their students up.
* Before and After School Care is available each day from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
* To enter the building at any time during the school day, visitors must go to the main entrance facing Montgomery Road, where someone in the office will buzz them in. Visitors must sign in and receive a visitor badge. All volunteers must complete VIRTUS training which includes a background check.
* Every Wednesday morning 1-8 students attend mass. Kindergarteners begin attending in November.
Snacks & Lunch
* Grades K-5 have a snack period and short recess each morning. Please pack a snack for your child every day.
* “Lunches R Us, LLC” run our cafeteria. They serve “kid friendly” lunches. Their goal is to offer children a filling and healthy lunch to keep them satisfied to be able to finish the school day. They use whole grain items whenever they can and offer a fruit or vegetable with every meal.
* The cost of lunch is $3.50 which includes a drink of choice (white or chocolate milk, juice or water). Anyone who purchases hot lunch may also purchase an extra helping of the entrée for $1.00 and an extra side can be purchased for .50. Drinks can also be purchased for .50. After their lunch is eaten, students can also purchase snacks (chips, ice cream or fresh baked cookie) for .50. Lunches can be purchased on a day to day bases or weekly/monthly. Cash or checks made out to Lunches R Us are accepted.
* The school’s weekly newsletter is emailed every Wednesday and is the primary means of communication between the school and families. The newsletter includes news of school happenings, items of academic and personal interest, and important calendar or event changes. Additionally, each Wednesday the Green Folder will be sent home with the youngest or only student in the family. Any forms should be returned to school on Thursday morning through the Green Folder.
* One Call (our automated phone message) will also be used for things such as school closing or delays due to inclement weather.
* SchoolBells is our uniform vendor. All students must wear the school uniform. An outline of the school uniform can be found in the School Handbook. The School Handbook is available on our school website www.svf-school.org
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
* St. Vincent Ferrer PTO is an organization of parents who work to advance the interest of education, support the school community, promote the welfare of students, and bring parents and teachers closer. This is accomplished through volunteer efforts in cooperation with the St. Vincent Ferrer faculty and staff. PTO sponsors fundraising programs to provide special activities for the students, as well as to supply needed school material and improvements.
* Fellowship both on and off the field is nurtured through St. Vincent Ferrer’s extracurricular sports program. Activities are open to all parish children, regardless of where they are enrolled in school. The Athletic Commission, under the direction of the Parish, coordinates team formation, recruits volunteer coaches, schedules practice times, and manages equipment and uniform inventories. Team sports include: soccer, football, basketball and volleyball.