The goal of St. Vincent Ferrer Kindergarten is to facilitate a smooth transition from preschool to elementary school while providing a strong, academic foundation for early learning. At St. Vincent Ferrer, we accomplish this in loving and Christ-centered classroom where your child will receive individualized attention in a small, family-like atmosphere.
Full Day or Half Day Option
Kindergarten at SVF is a full day program with a half day option. Parents can have flexibility in scheduling, allowing parents to set a schedule that meets the needs of their family.
Half Day- 8:15-11:50 am. (All Archdiocesan objectives along with most specials taking place in the morning)
Full Day- 8:15-3:00 pm (Enrichment activities, computer education, and rest time take place in the afternoon)
In addition to the curriculum prescribed by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, St. Vincent Ferrer kindergarten students also take part in the following as a part of their education:
* Weekly Bible classes taught by parish volunteers.
* As the year progresses, our kindergarten students participate in weekly mass and prayer services with the school community.
* Introduction to American Sign Language through the instruction of the Manual Alphabet as a part of the Language Arts curriculum.
* Author studies presented monthly, featuring popular children's authors such as Eric Carle, Dr. Seuss, Mo Willems, and David Shannon, to expose students to a variety of children's literature and to instill a love of reading.
* "Reading with Partners" program which pairs kindergarteners with 5th graders.
* Center -based learning, "Book-in-a-bag," and envelope games all designed to enhance the curriculum.
* Field trips to Green Acres twice a year and Children's Theater four time a year.
* Weekly Scholastic Magazine, "Let's Find Out."
*Kindergarteners participate in the Ohio Arts Council Artist in Residence program along with the school community.
Our kindergarten facilities include:
* Kindergarten-only playground with access from the classroom.
* The kindergarten room has its own bathroom, sinks, ad water fountains.
* Active Board
* Extensive classroom library which is also supplemented with monthly deliveries from the Public Library of Cincinnati.
* Reading and writing centers.
* Fully air-conditioned school building.